My word is SHINE!
I chose "shine" for several reasons:
- I wanted a verb. Verbs are action words. They aren't passive. I can change and grow. I can shine!
- The definition is wonderful!
1. To emit light.
2. To reflect light; glint or glisten.
3. To distinguish oneself in an activity or a field; excel.
4. To be immediately apparent. (ex. Delight shone in her eyes.)
- I want to shine this year! I want to shine in my relationships, my writing, my life. I want to reflect other people's shininess. I want to strive to be the best me that I can be - to shine!
To share the choice of my 2013 word - SHINE - I'm linking up with Mama Kat and Liv Lane. Go check out other people's words of the year!
What's your word?